|Back||Zarathustra - Song One|
AVESTA: The Songs of Zarathustra|
1. In humble adoration, with hands outstretched
I pray to Thee, O Wisdom!
First of all, through Thy Bounteous Spirit vouchsafe to me
All righteousness of action, all wisdom of the Good Mind,
That I may thereby bring joy to the Soul of Creation.
2. O Wise Lord, by virtue of the Good Mind,
may I reach Thy Presence.
Grant me the blessings in both worlds,
the corporeal and the spiritual,
attainable through Righteousness;
Thy rewards which bring beatific happiness
to the faithful blessed with them.
3. As never before, I shall weave my songs for Thee,
O Wisdom Lord,
And for Thee, O Spirits of Truth and the Good Mind,
Then, shall Spentarmity, the Spirit of Benevolence,
make the imperishable Dominion of Heaven flourish.
For that perfection, come ye all to my invocations.
4. I shall take the awakened soul to the exalted abode
with the help of the Good Mind;
Knowing the blissful rewards of the Wise Lord
for righteous deeds;
As long as I have power and am able,
I shall teach all to seek for Truth and Right.
5. O Asha, equipped with the knowledge of Truth and Righteousness,
When shall I see Thee, and the Good Thinking of Humanah!
And through the Inspiration of Sarosh, when shall I
be in the presence of the Most Beneficent Wisdom!
With the proclamation of these sacred words shall we
make the evil ones turn toward Thee O Holy Wisdom!
6. Come, O Eternal Wise Spirit, through the Good Mind,
With the long lasting gift of Righteousness
vouchsafed in Thy sublime words.
Grant unto Zarathustra, and to us all
Thy gracious help, O Ashura,
Whereby we may overcome the evil of wrong-doers.
7. Grant me, O Truth, the blessing which is the fruit
of the Good Mind.
Grant me, O Piety, to me and to the Good King Vistaspa ,
our desire for effectiveness,
And grant, O Wisdom, sovereign Lord,
That reciting Thy holy words of revelation
I may make Thy felicitous message heard.
8. O Thou, Best One, in accord with the Highest Truth,
The best blessing, I beseech of Thee for
noble Frasaostra and for me.
And mayest Thou grant to us, for all time,
the gift of the Good Mind.
9. And blessed with these bounties, we who have
always offered our songs of praise to Thee,
We shall not displease Thee, O Wisdom,
Or Ye, O Truth, and the Best Mind;
Ye, who are the most helpful to promote
the Dominion of Blessedness.
10. Those whom Thou knowest as full worthy, by reason
of their Righteousness and Good Mind,
For those, do Thou fulfill their desire for attainment,
O Wisdom Lord.
For I well know that the words of these song offerings
to Thee directed to righteous ends
Will have their blissful effect.
11. And through these divine songs, for evermore shall I preserve
Righteousness and Good Mind for the people.
To enable me to apprise all, teach me O Wisdom Lord,
Through Thine own Spirit and Thine own Words,
the principle of creation of the first existence